Senior Technical Analyst
SAP BW Specialist
Business Development Representative
Functional Test Engineer
IMS Software Developer
Desktop Software Designer
Software Development Manager
Oracle WebCenter Developer
Middleware Support Specialist
6 months +
- Develop and enhance software development tools to optimize compile/test/commit development process
- Develop suite of applications improving S/W developer/manager/release manager productivity and overall S/W quality
- Develop web application front ends and service enhancements for continuous integration tools
- Transform existing tools to provide a state-of-the-art development experience to developers
- Conceive new tools and/or methods to increase the overall quality of the S/W releases while maintaining an agile development process
- Develop ETL (extract, transform, load) applications in Python/Django
- Automate bug detection and isolation
- Work within a team environment and enhance your programming skills while learning from the Senior Software Engineers at the same time
QSi is seeking a Senior Technical Analyst to join our client’s team. Here is your opportunity to be part of a dynamic self-directed team of developers and business analysts who play a key role in supporting delivery of high quality services to its members by providing effective technology solutions to business problems. The primary focus of this position is to provide technical expertise in PeopleSoft solution application development, maintenance, and production support. This includes bolt on modules, enhancements, configuration changes and custom development. The incumbent participates in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle and “owns” a project or sub-project from end to end. The incumbent needs to demonstrate recent working expertise of PeopleSoft CRM and/or PeopleSoft Financials as well as other applications and technologies in use at CMPA such as Java and Web Services.
- Analyze current/new business processes through close work and consultation with the Business Analysts in order to understand the business rules, requirements involved, validate the processes and evaluate their efficiency.
- Perform coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs for fixes and enhancements utilizing standard procedures and techniques. This includes development and maintaining of code for bolt on functionality, reports and interfaces
- Performs unit testing, debugging of programming work
- Maintains records to document program development and revisions
- Participates in the feasibility analysis for new systems/applications
- Assess how new technology integrates with existing systems
- Provide technical advice and assistance by responding to inquiries from Information Technology Services (ITS) colleagues regarding errors, problems or questions about programs from a technical perspective
- Ability to troubleshoot service interruption incidents, identify the root cause and take corrective action
- Participate in on-call support activities as required
- At least 3 years of experience in a COTS environment or working with an ERP solution is required, coupled with 7 to 9 years of IT experience
- Experience in PeopleSoft application Finance and/or CRM 9.0 or higher
- Experience with PeopleTools 8.50 and higher
- Hands on experience with application designer, PeopleCode, Application engine, file layouts, application messaging, SQL, SQR, integration broker, PeopleTools Upgrades and application upgrades
- Four-year Bachelor’s Degree in a specialized field (i.e. B.Comm, BMath or B.Sc)
- Experience with relational database management systems
- Experience integrating PeopleSoft and third party applications using REST and SOAP based web services
- Experience with version control software (e.g. STAT)
- Ability to analyse and provide solutions to complex system problems
- Aptitude to learn and apply new technologies
- Committed to continuous education through formal courses and self-learning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of agile methodology is desirable
- Experience with object oriented programming such as Java
- Experience integrating with and supporting Software as a Service products
- Project lead and project management experience are assets
6 months +
QSi is seeking a Desktop Support incumbent to join our client’s team in their Gatineau office. The ideal incumbent will have 1-3 years’ experience in a technical support role, preferable in a large environment (500+ users);as well as advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Active Directory and basic knowledge of network environments. The incumbent will bring strong organizational skills and the ability to perform multiple high priority tasks directly related to internal staff as well as very strong interpersonal communication and conflict management skills. The incumbent must have good oral and written communication skills, in both French and English and the ability to work in a fast pace environment while executing multiple tasks.
- Provide level 1 support for all applications and assist clients by resolving issues with applications, training-related requests, hardware and infrastructure
- Log and track every call in the HEAT Tracking System and update throughout the day from initial contact to incident resolution
- Provide technical support with issues pertaining to a high level network environment such as network printing, drive mapping, Active Directory permissions, Citrix access, file transfers and network connectivity for desktops, laptops and LAN networks
- Be available to work between 7:00am to 7:00pm
- Be available for a 24/7 emergency service, nights and weekends
QSi is currently seeking a SAP BW Specialist to join our clients team.
- Expertise in SAP BI projects with solid Modeling Experience in BW 7.0, 7.3 or 7.4 (as we are upgrading to 7.4 by end of this year)
- Expertise in integrating SAP BI 7.0 & 7.4 systems with SAP-ECC, SAP-CRM and non-SAP system
- - Sound extraction experience from CRM (6.0 or 7.0) with SAP delivered BWA framework for transactional data such as CRM Lead, Service Order, Opportunities & Activity Analysis and Master Data such as BUPA_MAIN using BDoc process flow
- Solid extraction experience form SAP ECC (MM & QM) module using SAP Logistic Cockpit Data sources for QM, focuses on Inspection Plan, Inspection Lot, Result recording & Usage decision and MM Equipment Master Data
- Expertise in writing/handling ABAP routines in Transformations such as Start Routine, End Routine, Expert Routine, CRM Function Modules, ECC enhanced structure
- Experience is Cognos 8.4 or 10.0 Report Studio considers to be real plus point for project speed up
- Hana Experience for future development and how to get there
QSi is currently growing our Ottawa team!
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, self managed business development representative to help expand our client base.
The incumbent will be responsible for researching and prospecting potential clients, building new relationships and managing new accounts. The business development representative will be a self starter who is willing to make cold calls, use social media to develop relationships, meet with hiring managers to discuss new requirements and contribute to the recruitment team.
- 1 -2 years of sales or business development experience
- Self starter who takes initiative and has the desire to win
- Self managed; ability to work well independently and as a part of the team
- Strong communication and client service skills
- Networking skills
- Familiarity with various social media platforms: LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Familiarity with the Consulting and Recruitment industry would be an asset.
- Familiarity and understanding of the Information Technology field
6 months +
QSi is seeking a System Administrator to join our client’s team. The ideal incumbent will have solid knowledge of computer hardware components, scripting languages (Perl, Python, Expect, Shell scripting) and administration experience with network hardware and protocols (HTTP, SMTP, DNS, SNMP, DHCP etc.). Incumbents must have experience with Linux operating systems (RHEL), management of SAN/NAS storage devices, and administration experience with VMware, KVM, or Open Stack. The Systems Administrator will bring good troubleshooting, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills as well as good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals. 3-5 years of Systems Administrator experience, knowledge of Cisco UCS, and a Cisco, RedHat or VMware certification are desired.
- Responsible for organizing, managing, monitoring, and supporting Core Software Group’s servers and networks
- Client/customer relationship management inc. providing regular updates through Cisco’s ticketing system as per established SLAs
- Deploy new servers and VMs as required
- Maintaining mission critical server infrastructure
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning servers
QSi is is seeking to a Corporate Controller to join our clients team. This position will report to the CEO, Canada and the CFO of the parent company, acting as a valued resource to accelerate the Company’s rapid growth throughout Canada. The Corporate Controller is responsible for all accounting and financial functions. The Controller will ensure that accurate, timely and transparent financial and management accounting and reporting is delivered on a consistent basis and in accordance with Company policies and procedures as well as with Canadian and/or U.S. GAAP (as appropriate). The position also provides oversight to the evaluation and development of processes, policies, and controls to ensure financial integrity of business reporting in a sound internal control environment.
- Daily operations of the corporate accounting function, including general ledger, consolidations, inventory, accounts payables, and accounts receivable
- Manages monthly and annual close processes as well as the annual audit process
- Manages treasury functions as needed
- Ensuring necessary income and non-income taxes are filed timely and accurately
- Implement financial policies, procedures and controls
- Provide accounting guidance, ensure a strong control environment, and will be responsible for driving increased productivity, simplifying processes, and reducing costs through automation, standardization, and control
- Researching and implementing accounting standards and reconciling differences between U.S. and Canadian GAAP
- Establishes and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the function’s goals and objectives. Develop and mentor staff as the organization grows
- Work closely with key business leaders to manage accounting processes, and apprise senior management of opportunities and risks
- Participate in key strategic initiatives to help identify revenue enhancement and cost reduction opportunities, and improve internal business processes
- Provide support for business development opportunities.
- Leadership in administrative areas (e.g., human resources, payroll, risk management, legal) and on special projects as required
- BA/BS in Accounting, Chartered Professional Accountant are preferred
- Must have experience as controller/assistant controller
- Working knowledge of MAS 90 / Sage 100 or equivalent
- U.S./Canadian cross border experience is preferred
- Experience as a corporate controller in a multi-site environment is preferred
- Ability to comprehend broad business issues and accomplish objectives through others
- Must demonstrate ability to coach, guide, develop, and support internal staff in a fast-paced work environment
- Possess a strategic approach, sound business judgment, and an entrepreneurial mindset
QSi is is seeking to a Junior Systems Administrator to join our clients team. The candidate will be the sole IT Staff team member of a small office located in Edmonton, AB. He or she will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day IT support of all employees including a small office of 5-10 users. Candidate will work with IT Administrators and Engineers from Corporate Headquarters in Grapevine, TX to maintain and support the 2 Canadian datacenters to be located in Toronto and Vancouver, as well as any IT Infrastructure located in the Edmonton office. Candidate should have experience managing IT projects from start to finish and be able to document the entire project lifecycle for presentation to management. Candidate will provide phone and e-mail support to internal staff and its contractors in Alberta. Candidate will be required to maintain expert knowledge on the supported products including in-house developed software and the SSI-20/20 and SSI-20/30 interlock devices through continuous self training.
- Provide IT support to SSI staff for in-house and other software
- Help maintain a technical self help knowledge base for staff
- Perform basic web page administration; manage web traffic reporting and statistics
- Management and verification of backups
- Software License administration and audits
- Perform troubleshooting to isolate, diagnose, and remedy common network, application, and operating system problem
- Install, upgrade, and configure network printing, directory structures, rights, security, and software on servers
- Respond to the needs and questions of users concerning their access of resources on the network
- Review and archive network data and logs for reporting
- Report on current network and server state and predict needs for future growth
- Contribute to continuous product and service improvement through product and documentation review
- Support phone and voicemail systems
- LAN configuration/router connection and troubleshooting
- Work with IT development team to help test and verify software changes before deployment
- Work with R&D to troubleshoot support issues, and test associated fixes having to do with the in- house developed software
- 2+ years Network implementation and administration experience
- 1+ years System administration on Windows Server platforms
- 2+ years PC hardware installation and troubleshooting experience
- Working knowledge of VOIP and IP Telephony systems
- Solid knowledge of Networking, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IIS, FTP, Firewalls
- Solid knowledge of Server and PC hardware, including laptops, desktops, LAN/WANs, routers, network and phone wiring
- Ability to read and write clear and understandable instructions
- Candidates must be able to work varying hours and travel when required (less than 10%)
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills within a technical environment
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to positively interact with all levels of the organization.
1 Year contract
QSi is is seeking to hire a Software Developer to join our client’s applications team to help deliver VoIP/SIP applications.
- Involved in design, code, test, debugging at the component level as well as end-to-end solution level design
- Design support, working closely with our support organization
- Develop VoIP applications in C/C++
- Develop highly-scalable, carrier-grade communications products
- Develop for Linux environment
- Work as a team member delivering features to software project(s)
- Experience with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Python, Django, Perl, SQL and web application development
- Experience in developing multi-process/multi-threaded solutions involving multiple applications and systems, across elements within different network topologies
QSi is seeking a Functional Test Engineer to Join our Clients team. Our client is looking for a Functional Test Engineer – IP Multimedia Subsystem to work as part of a cross-functional team to prepare test specifications and to design and implement both manual and automated functional test cases using TTCN. IMS offers a standardized way to deliver convenient IP-based consumer and enterprise services to fixed, mobile and cable community, enabled by one common core and control. It is the cornerstone of the evolution of current networks to a single, all-IP based network where all types of services (messaging, telephony, etc.) and media (voice, video, pictures, text etc.) can be integrated into a single user experience.
- Proven experience of Telecom Feature/Functional software testing and application of concepts & strategies (White Box, Grey box tests)
- Proven experience in Test Automation & Scripting
- Proven experience in Telecom testing tools & simulators (TTCN, SPIRENT, Wireshark, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and skills in software development processes, specifically in Testing, Maintenance and Support Processes
- Proven experience in Telecom networks with focus on IP telecom protocols and standards (SIP, call signaling, Diameter)
- Knowledge and skills in VoIP, SIP & IMS technology
- Proven knowledge and skills in Linux/Unix environment and Clearcase/UCM software management
- Highly developed knowledge and skills in troubleshooting
- Good knowledge and skills in ICE, Streamline & Agile Development
- Experience with C or C++ programming and scripting languages
- Good knowledge and skills in Development Processes
- Good knowledge 3GPP IMS and IETF VoIP Technical Standa
- Experience testing the integration of 3rd Party Products
- Strong English communication skills, both written and spoken
- Quick learner
- BSc or higher degree in CE/CS or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in Telecom software testing and verification, preferably in the telecom and VoIP environment
QSi is seeking an IMS Software Developer to Join our Clients team. Our client is looking for a Software Developer to work as part of a cross-functional team to develop and release Core Application nodes for the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) and other solutions. The successful candidate will be responsible to produce and document high quality software products from inception to delivery for the telecommunication industry. The main requirement of this position is the ability to perform analysis, design, verification, demonstration and maintenance of these products in a process-driven, team environment. IMS offers a standardized way to deliver convenient IP-based consumer and enterprise services to fixed, mobile and cable community, enabled by one common core and control. It is the cornerstone of the evolution of current networks to a single, all-IP based network where all types of services (messaging, telephony, etc.) and media (voice, video, pictures, text etc.) can be integrated into a single user experience.
- Codes and implements complex software programs in C++ and OOD/OOP.
- Resolves trouble reports
- Participates and contributes to improvements of software development (products, processes, methods, tools)
- Provides mentorship to less experienced software developers.
- Troubleshoots and debugs new or existing software programs.
- Executes and develops unit test cases.
- Participates and contributes to design inspection and / or code review.
- Works in complex design and / or maintenance activities.
- Performs unit testing activities and design / maintenance documentation
- Coordinates a small development / maintenance team, if required.
- Proven experience in C++ programming and OOD/OOP SW development
- Experience in software development & Test tools (Clearcase, IBM Eclipse, Unit test frameworks)
- Experienced software development in Unix/Linux OS environments
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in IP networks technology, VoIP SIP/SDP protocols & IMS
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Software Engineering methodology (Agile, Streamline, ICE)
- Good knowledge and skills in Development Processes
- Good knowledge and skills in Technical Standards
- Test Automation skills (TTCN Knowledge)
- Proven experience in telecom networks and telecom standards (e.g. SIP, Diameter, Radius, etc.)
- Quality & Process Management
- Prioritization and Planning
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in English
- Quick learner and flexible
- Able to interact with customers and discuss their requirements and needs
- Work well both individually and as a member of a team
1 year +
QSi is seeking a Java Developer to join our client’s team. Reporting to the IT Development Manager, the Java Developers role is to accept business requirements for in-house applications and turn those into working system features.
They are responsible for ensuring the consistent, stable and cost-effective operation Java platforms while maintaining development best practices.
This role is expected to be hands on with the opportunity to work with both internal and external collaborators as the project workload demands.
This individual is expected to work as part of a global team defining and managing the target development environment.
Specific responsibilities:Design, develop and maintain enterprise Java applications, Follow best practice software development methodologies, Maintains code repository for Java applications, Support the development and maintenance of a standard Java development platform, Works closely with IT Service Delivery to ensure smooth transition to support
- University or College Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent related experience
- More than 5 years of related experience
- Experience working with distributed development teams
- Experience working with legacy software systems
- Experience translating business requirements into technical solutions
- Excellent Java & Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) knowledge
- Base knowledge in the following Java frameworks: JSF, JPA, CDI
- Very good knowledge of IBM WebSphere application server
- Knowledge of GlassFish v3 or v4 application server would be desirable
- Very good knowledge of securing web applications
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle, MSSQL)
- Very good analytical and trouble shooting skills
6 Months +
QSi is seeking an Virtualization Developer to join our client’s team. The Cloud and Virtualization Group (CVG) is seeking Software Engineers at various levels for its emerging technology next generation management Platform. The team will take a fast-paced, iterative approach to development using the Agile process. The incumbent will be responsible for developing features primarily in Java and managing communications with underlying Cloud platform, supporting a REST based API to NB clients, and designing, documenting and implement features. The incumbent will also work with various cross-functional groups such as development teams and use the Agile process for the software development lifecycle.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in developing complex applications primarily using Java
- Exposure to OpenStack / VMWare
- Experience using scripting languages (Bash / Python / Perl) running on Linux
- Experience integrating with Open Source Software / Third party Products
- Experience with Hibernate / relational databases
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements in a high paced environment
- Ability to take high level feature requirements and ultimately deliver a solution and corresponding documentation
- Strong communication, teamwork and problem solving skills are essential.
- Openness to exploring and learning about new technologies as possible solutions to issues
- Experience integrating with JClouds
- Experience integrating with VMWare Infrastructure API (vi SDK)
- Knowledge of VMWare architecture and product suite
- Experience with GIT / Gerrit / Jenkins
6 Months +
QSi is seeking Automation Developers to join our clients team.
- Test Automation
- Real Time Design SW
- IP and Networking
- LTE Knowledge
1 Year +
QSi is currently seeking a Software Developer to join our clients team performing Radio Base Station software maintenance.
- Resolve Assigned Trouble Reports on Radio or XMU Software
- Attention to detail and end-product quality
- C++ coding skills. – Object-oriented design
- Node level OA&M including initialization, configuration management, fault management, performance management, and test management.
- Knowledge of OSI L3-L7 protocols
- Inter-nodal control plane messaging
- Client-Server software system development
- Knowledge of radio power control – Unix-based development environment
- Real-time OS programming environment (OSE, VxWorks, Linux, etc.)
- Software development for telecom wireless infrastructure equipment would be a strong asset.
- Source-level debugging tools and techniques
- Test and validation of wireless or data products, and general test methodology. – Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
6 Months +
QSi is seeking a Software Tester to join our clients growing and dynamic team.
- Experience in virtualization technology such as OpenStack/KVM and VMware vSphere/vCloud Director
- Test automation experience with the ability to develop automation scripts
- Knowledge in cloud and networking
- Performance testing experience is an asset
- Experience in testing web server based application with REST API
- Experience in Agile development and able to work with design team using an integrated testing approach
- Ability to develop test strategy and test cases at both component and solution level
1 year +
QSi is seeking an Desktop Software Designer to join our clients team.The Desktop Software Designer will be responsible for development of Android Application SW and design and implementation of Android applications and infrastructure.
The incumbent will also be responsible for integration, testing, debugging and modification of Multimedia IP endpoint SW.
He/She will be working with technologies such as: C/C++, Java, Linux,Android framework, Android applications, Protocols including TCP/IP, SIP, H.264, communications interfaces such as USB and Gigabit Ethernet and Advanced Graphical Interfaces with Multi-touch and Gestures.
- Graduate from CS, SW ENG
- Java, C/C++
- Object oriented design
- Android Knowledge
- Linux Knowledge and experience
- Networking knowledge and experience
- Graphical Tools
- Experience with modern software development methodologies, especially Agile
- Great communication skills both written and spoken
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
QSi is seeking a Verification Engineer to join our clients team. With moderate direction and supervision, the verification engineer works with other engineering functions for SW Development through Technical Publications, performing moderately complex assignments to test new and existing IP Phones, Cloud-based products, applications and customer solutions. This includes participating in product development activities and specifically the design and execution of test setups and procedures to help ensure a high quality customer solution.
- Reviews and provides feedback into new product feature and specifications.
- Writes test plans, conducts test plan reviews and test reporting.
- Designs and develops test setups and procedures of a moderately complex nature
- Selects testing specifications for new products and ensures testing procedures comply with project requirements.
- Performs moderately complex testing and analysis to certify compliance to project requirements and external standards or specifications.
- Implements and maintains test processes in-line with company standard operating procedures.
- Documents and maintains record of test progress and test results.
- Prepares reports and disseminates to management.
- May assist with the investigation and resolution of operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel
- Participates in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs
- Maintains skills and currency in the software test engineering field by attending trainings, seminars, or other technical-related conferences or seminars; interfacing with peers, or reading trade periodicals, or journals
Gatineau or Montreal, Quebec
QSi is seeking a Software Development Manager to join our clients growing and dynamic team in Montreal or Gatineau. The successful candidate has proven experience managing and leading highly motivated software development teams to deliver projects on time and on budget. The successful candidate also demonstrates excellent communications skills and a strong customer orientation. Travel to customer location will be required occasionally.
- BSc in EE/CS/CE or equivalent and 10+ years of experience in software development.
- 5+ years of experience in managing software development teams and projects
- Proven experience developing and managing network communication software projects
- Proven track record of quality improvement, and positive customer interactions on requirements, schedules and technical issue resolution
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and to motivate, direct and coach staff
- Experience in real-time or cloud computing software development
- Good understanding or domain knowledge of VoIP or L2/L3 protocols with various network processors such as Cavium or Broadcom chipsets
- Good understanding of Object Oriented software development (C++ or Java/J2EE)
- Proven project management and planning skills and a history of delivering software projects on time
- Proven experience in software development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to view software from an Architectural and System perspective
- Demonstrated experience managing multi-site teams
6 Months +
QSi is seeking a Software Developer to join our clients growing and dynamic team developing and integrating a virtual assistant product with the Avaya (Nortel) Media Processing Server (MPS). The integration project requires skills with VXML, MRCP and Java. As part of the Northforge team, the successful candidate will be empowered to provide technical leadership to both the customer and Northforge software development team on software architecture, design, implementation and integration.
- Strong software development experience in Java
- Integration level experience with VXML and Media Resource Control Protocol (MRCP)
- Experience with IVR application development
- Experience with load balancing using MRCP
- Knowledge or experience with SIP and SDP protocols
- Knowledge or experience with VoIP applications
- Knowledge of Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP)
- Knowledge of telecommunication and networking protocols and applications
- Highly flexible and adaptable personality
- Organized individual, capable of working independently
- BSc or higher degree in CE/EE/CS or equivalent
QSi is seeking seeking a Oracle WebCenter Develooer to join our client’s team.
- 5+ years experience with WebCenter development
- Experience with WebCenter Portal Framework
- Experience with WebCenter Content Server (UCM)
- Experience with WebCenter Spaces
- Experience with Oracle ADF
6 Months +
QSi is seeking a PKI administrator to join our clients team. The PKI Administrator will deploy, maintain and support security infrastructure used to provide web authentication and user authentication services to control access to company information and network assets. The job involves deploying servers and software; configuring, documenting and supporting services; and handling escalated support issues.
- Support SSL certificate issuance and approval process. Manage SSL certificate inventory.
- Monitor service request queues, work with requestors to verify requests and determine correct actions required to satisfy the requests
- Participate in on-call duty to resolve or escalate production security infrastructure issues
- Design, test and implement infrastructure solutions for secure connectivity for employees and partners. Work with vendors and teams across the IS organization
- Participate in projects to evaluate, test and deploy new security technology. Document and test new security monitoring and escalation processes
- Implement all changes to security infrastructure in accordance with standard procedures and change control policies and procedures
- BS Degree and 3+ years of experience in system administration
- Strong working knowledge of both Unix and Microsoft administration. Microsoft certifications a plus
- Strong working knowledge of digital certificates and strong authentication concepts and practices
- Experience with commercial one time password products a plus.
QSi is seeking an Intermediate Middleware Support Specialist to join our client’s team. The role requires the individual to work “hands on” in a fast-paced, demanding technical environment, with the ability to work with multiple teams in parallel.
The ideal incumbent will be able to assess the complexity of a request or issue, recognize the priority and deliver the solution, conduct work on a combination of support and project-related assignments, and the ability to work at short notice when required for critical issues. The successful incumbent will ensure that trouble tickets are prioritized, well managed and escalated in a timely manner when management intervention is required. There will be occasions where off-hours and on-call pager (paid) support will be required, for incidents, releases and maintenance activities.
The incumbent will also be responsible for interacting with third party support teams, and supporting J2EE application servers and applications.
- Excellent knowledge of middleware servers (WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, JBoss), configurations, deployments and scripting languages.
- Extensive experience supporting J2EE application servers and applications.
- Understanding and experience of enterprise-level applications performance tuning.
- Thorough understanding of the HTTP protocol stack and how it relates to web infrastructure components including reverse proxies, load-balancers, and VIPs.
- Knowledge on concepts such as redirection, forward/reverse proxy, URL re-writing and managing SSL certificates and experience in their implementation
- Excellent UNIX/ Linux skills a must.
- Technical knowledge and experience in network methodologies, TCP/IP protocols, system and network performance analysis.
- Experience interacting with third party support teams.
- The ideal candidate is a results-driven individual with a strong technical background and exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent work-related experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong team player and also comfortable working independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to clearly describe technical issues and their solutions
QSi is seeking a Senior Developer to join our clients team.
- Lead small teams of developers to successfully complete projects, as required.
- Provide technical mentoring and guidance to other software developers.
- Prepare project/task scope and effort estimates.
- Lead and participate in detailed design/implementation of new features and products.
- Code, debug and make recommendations on software enhancements
- Update the design and test documents to reflect software changes and new features
- Very familiar with Linux (kernel, command line, debugging tools).
- Familiar with development on an embedded platform.
- Experience with C/C++, multi-threaded programming.
- Knowledge of networking and Internet technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem diagnosis and solving skills
- Very familiar with Windows
- Networking and Internet technologies
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Knowledge of database technologies and SQL.
2 months +
QSi is seeking a Java Developer to join our clients team. The project is to take an existing code base for an embedded web browser and augment for a TV deployment in a hotel.
- Excellent Java Programming skills
- Very strong experience with SWT
- Strong knowledge of Windows windowing & debugging window events
- Experience with SWT Browser classes
- Experience with development on Windows, in Eclipse
1 Year +
QSi is seeking a Software Developer to join our clients team. The developer will help deliver VoIP/SIP applications.
- Involved in design, code, test, debugging at the component level as well as end-to-end solution level design
- Design support, working closely with our support organization.
- Work as a team member delivering features to software project(s).
- Computer science or software Engineering degree with at least 5 years of relatedexperience
- Experience developing VoIP applications in C/C++
- Experience developing highly-scalable, carrier-grade communications products.
- Developing for Linux environment
- Good understanding of virtualization concepts
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Experience with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Python, Django, Perl, SQL and web application development.
- Familiarity and participation in the open source community
- Experience in developing multi-process/multi-threaded solutions involving multiple applications and systems, across elements within different network topologies.