Business Development Representative
Desktop Software Designer
Telecommunications and Engineering Recruiter
Software Licencing Specialist
Wifi Verification Specialist
Software Development Manager
Oracle WebCenter Developer
Middleware Support Specialist
1 year +
QSi is seeking a Java Developer to join our client’s team. Reporting to the IT Development Manager, the Java Developers role is to accept business requirements for in-house applications and turn those into working system features.
They are responsible for ensuring the consistent, stable and cost-effective operation Java platforms while maintaining development best practices.
This role is expected to be hands on with the opportunity to work with both internal and external collaborators as the project workload demands.
This individual is expected to work as part of a global team defining and managing the target development environment.
Specific responsibilities:Design, develop and maintain enterprise Java applications, Follow best practice software development methodologies, Maintains code repository for Java applications, Support the development and maintenance of a standard Java development platform, Works closely with IT Service Delivery to ensure smooth transition to support
- University or College Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent related experience
- More than 5 years of related experience
- Experience working with distributed development teams
- Experience working with legacy software systems
- Experience translating business requirements into technical solutions
- Excellent Java & Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) knowledge
- Base knowledge in the following Java frameworks: JSF, JPA, CDI
- Very good knowledge of IBM WebSphere application server
- Knowledge of GlassFish v3 or v4 application server would be desirable
- Very good knowledge of securing web applications
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle, MSSQL)
- Very good analytical and trouble shooting skills
6 Months +
QSi is seeking an Virtualization Developer to join our client’s team. The Cloud and Virtualization Group (CVG) is seeking Software Engineers at various levels for its emerging technology next generation management Platform. The team will take a fast-paced, iterative approach to development using the Agile process. The incumbent will be responsible for developing features primarily in Java and managing communications with underlying Cloud platform, supporting a REST based API to NB clients, and designing, documenting and implement features. The incumbent will also work with various cross-functional groups such as development teams and use the Agile process for the software development lifecycle.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in developing complex applications primarily using Java
- Exposure to OpenStack / VMWare
- Experience using scripting languages (Bash / Python / Perl) running on Linux
- Experience integrating with Open Source Software / Third party Products
- Experience with Hibernate / relational databases
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements in a high paced environment
- Ability to take high level feature requirements and ultimately deliver a solution and corresponding documentation
- Strong communication, teamwork and problem solving skills are essential.
- Openness to exploring and learning about new technologies as possible solutions to issues
- Experience integrating with JClouds
- Experience integrating with VMWare Infrastructure API (vi SDK)
- Knowledge of VMWare architecture and product suite
- Experience with GIT / Gerrit / Jenkins
Permanent or Contract
Toronto, Ontario & Calgary, Alberta
QSi is seeking BPM Consultants to join our clients team. As a BPM Consultant, you will have project experience with software development and consulting experience in Enterprise environments. As a Senior team member you will work directly with project stakeholders throughout the entire life-cycle of projects to define, design, and implement business process based solutions. You will participate in Agile Team Work using the SCRUM methodology. You will leverage your experience to provide leadership at a project level and become a key contributor to our growing Appian Practice.
- Work with key client stakeholders to define business processes.
- Provide leadership for Appian projects as a technical specialist.
- Provide leadership for Appian projects as a technical specialist.
- Design and implement BPM based solutions using Appian BPM software.
- Provide demonstrations to clients throughout the entire project life-cycle.
- Design and implement complex enterprise integrations with industry standard technologies: Oracle DBMS, LDAP, Active Directory, and more.
- Drive BPM adoption within client organizations by empowering client resource to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own.
- Assist clients in identifying other business process opportunities in which the Appian software could provide a solution.
- Contribute to the Appian Practice by sharing methods and best practices.
6 Months +
QSi is seeking Automation Developers to join our clients team.
- Test Automation
- Real Time Design SW
- IP and Networking
- LTE Knowledge
1 Year +
QSi is currently seeking a Software Developer to join our clients team performing Radio Base Station software maintenance.
- Resolve Assigned Trouble Reports on Radio or XMU Software
- Attention to detail and end-product quality
- C++ coding skills. – Object-oriented design
- Node level OA&M including initialization, configuration management, fault management, performance management, and test management.
- Knowledge of OSI L3-L7 protocols
- Inter-nodal control plane messaging
- Client-Server software system development
- Knowledge of radio power control – Unix-based development environment
- Real-time OS programming environment (OSE, VxWorks, Linux, etc.)
- Software development for telecom wireless infrastructure equipment would be a strong asset.
- Source-level debugging tools and techniques
- Test and validation of wireless or data products, and general test methodology. – Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
QSi is currently growing our Ottawa team!
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, self managed business development representative to help expand our client base.
The incumbent will be responsible for researching and prospecting potential clients, building new relationships and managing new accounts. The business development representative will be a self starter who is willing to make cold calls, use social media to develop relationships, meet with hiring managers to discuss new requirements and contribute to the recruitment team.
- 1 -2 years of sales or business development experience
- Self starter who takes initiative and has the desire to win
- Self managed; ability to work well independently and as a part of the team
- Strong communication and client service skills
- Networking skills
- Familiarity with various social media platforms: LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Familiarity with the Consulting and Recruitment industry would be an asset.
- Familiarity and understanding of the Information Technology field
6 Months +
QSi is seeking a Software Tester to join our clients growing and dynamic team.
- Experience in virtualization technology such as OpenStack/KVM and VMware vSphere/vCloud Director
- Test automation experience with the ability to develop automation scripts
- Knowledge in cloud and networking
- Performance testing experience is an asset
- Experience in testing web server based application with REST API
- Experience in Agile development and able to work with design team using an integrated testing approach
- Ability to develop test strategy and test cases at both component and solution level
1 year +
QSi is seeking an Desktop Software Designer to join our clients team.The Desktop Software Designer will be responsible for development of Android Application SW and design and implementation of Android applications and infrastructure.
The incumbent will also be responsible for integration, testing, debugging and modification of Multimedia IP endpoint SW.
He/She will be working with technologies such as: C/C++, Java, Linux,Android framework, Android applications, Protocols including TCP/IP, SIP, H.264, communications interfaces such as USB and Gigabit Ethernet and Advanced Graphical Interfaces with Multi-touch and Gestures.
- Graduate from CS, SW ENG
- Java, C/C++
- Object oriented design
- Android Knowledge
- Linux Knowledge and experience
- Networking knowledge and experience
- Graphical Tools
- Experience with modern software development methodologies, especially Agile
- Great communication skills both written and spoken
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
QSi is seeking a Verification Engineer to join our clients team. With moderate direction and supervision, the verification engineer works with other engineering functions for SW Development through Technical Publications, performing moderately complex assignments to test new and existing IP Phones, Cloud-based products, applications and customer solutions. This includes participating in product development activities and specifically the design and execution of test setups and procedures to help ensure a high quality customer solution.
- Reviews and provides feedback into new product feature and specifications.
- Writes test plans, conducts test plan reviews and test reporting.
- Designs and develops test setups and procedures of a moderately complex nature
- Selects testing specifications for new products and ensures testing procedures comply with project requirements.
- Performs moderately complex testing and analysis to certify compliance to project requirements and external standards or specifications.
- Implements and maintains test processes in-line with company standard operating procedures.
- Documents and maintains record of test progress and test results.
- Prepares reports and disseminates to management.
- May assist with the investigation and resolution of operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel
- Participates in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs
- Maintains skills and currency in the software test engineering field by attending trainings, seminars, or other technical-related conferences or seminars; interfacing with peers, or reading trade periodicals, or journals
Permanent, Parttime to Fulltime
QSi is seeking a Telecommunication and Engineering Recruiter to join our clients team. Our client is looking for a technical resume screener to join the management team on a part time basis. The ideal candidate will have a background in software engineering and experience as a software developer. The selected candidate will be responsible for identifying and evaluating top technical talent within our niche market. Responsibilities will include; conducting a reviews of job applications, resumes and other pertinent qualifying documents to determine applicants’ eligibility.
- Experience in screening technical applicants for technical acumen, fit with technical environment and cultural fit
- Experience conducting preliminary interviews with applicants
- Broad Telecom knowledge experience including routing, switching, control path/data path, protocols, Wireless, and Network management; good understanding or domain knowledge of IMS, VoIP, L2/L3 protocols with various network processors such as Cavium or Broadcom chipsets; good understanding of embedded real-time applications
- Good understanding of Object Oriented software development (including C++ or Java); good understanding of Web Services including GUI application development, database management and backend server management
- Ability to grasp the cloud computing and network virtualization concepts such as SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, SDN and NFV
- Good understanding of security related protocols and methodologies
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer literacy in the Windows environment: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, and organize tasks
- BSc or higher degree in EE/CS/CE or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in technical screening, recruitment, software development or equivalent
6 Months +
QSi is seeking a Software Licencing Specialist to join our clients team. The ideal incumbent would possess 3-5 years of software purchasing and licencing experience.
- Assist Managers within the department
- Close on Oaisys licensing
- Maintain remedy queue for software
- Provide approved software
- Responsible for software recovery
- Update software list
- Consolidate contracts
6 Months +
QSi is seeking a WiFi Verification Specialist to join our clients team. Our client is searching to hire Product Integration and Validation professionals to work on new and existing products. You will be challenged with various tasks including software and hardware analysis and test, integration and debugging of automated testing, as well as raising defects and ensuring closure with the engineering team. You will be required to work in a lab environment using traffic generation/analysis test tools such as IXIA and Spirent. You will be required to document your results for review by others.
- Working knowledge of IP protocols and operation – IE; TCP/UDP, RSTP
- Hands on experience with L2/L3 Network devices – IE: switches/routers
- Use of Linux
- Use of automation scripting tools like TCL/Python
- Familiar with testing methodologies
- Understanding of wireless concepts including Wifi
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical and problem solving background
- Good communication and writing skills
- Comfortable with using Windows, Excel, Power Point and Word for day to day tasks
Gatineau or Montreal, Quebec
QSi is seeking a Software Development Manager to join our clients growing and dynamic team in Montreal or Gatineau. The successful candidate has proven experience managing and leading highly motivated software development teams to deliver projects on time and on budget. The successful candidate also demonstrates excellent communications skills and a strong customer orientation. Travel to customer location will be required occasionally.
- BSc in EE/CS/CE or equivalent and 10+ years of experience in software development.
- 5+ years of experience in managing software development teams and projects
- Proven experience developing and managing network communication software projects
- Proven track record of quality improvement, and positive customer interactions on requirements, schedules and technical issue resolution
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and to motivate, direct and coach staff
- Experience in real-time or cloud computing software development
- Good understanding or domain knowledge of VoIP or L2/L3 protocols with various network processors such as Cavium or Broadcom chipsets
- Good understanding of Object Oriented software development (C++ or Java/J2EE)
- Proven project management and planning skills and a history of delivering software projects on time
- Proven experience in software development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to view software from an Architectural and System perspective
- Demonstrated experience managing multi-site teams
6 Months +
QSi is seeking a Software Developer to join our clients growing and dynamic team developing and integrating a virtual assistant product with the Avaya (Nortel) Media Processing Server (MPS). The integration project requires skills with VXML, MRCP and Java. As part of the Northforge team, the successful candidate will be empowered to provide technical leadership to both the customer and Northforge software development team on software architecture, design, implementation and integration.
- Strong software development experience in Java
- Integration level experience with VXML and Media Resource Control Protocol (MRCP)
- Experience with IVR application development
- Experience with load balancing using MRCP
- Knowledge or experience with SIP and SDP protocols
- Knowledge or experience with VoIP applications
- Knowledge of Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP)
- Knowledge of telecommunication and networking protocols and applications
- Highly flexible and adaptable personality
- Organized individual, capable of working independently
- BSc or higher degree in CE/EE/CS or equivalent
QSi is seeking seeking a Oracle WebCenter Develooer to join our client’s team.
- 5+ years experience with WebCenter development
- Experience with WebCenter Portal Framework
- Experience with WebCenter Content Server (UCM)
- Experience with WebCenter Spaces
- Experience with Oracle ADF
6 Months +
QSi is seeking a PKI administrator to join our clients team. The PKI Administrator will deploy, maintain and support security infrastructure used to provide web authentication and user authentication services to control access to company information and network assets. The job involves deploying servers and software; configuring, documenting and supporting services; and handling escalated support issues.
- Support SSL certificate issuance and approval process. Manage SSL certificate inventory.
- Monitor service request queues, work with requestors to verify requests and determine correct actions required to satisfy the requests
- Participate in on-call duty to resolve or escalate production security infrastructure issues
- Design, test and implement infrastructure solutions for secure connectivity for employees and partners. Work with vendors and teams across the IS organization
- Participate in projects to evaluate, test and deploy new security technology. Document and test new security monitoring and escalation processes
- Implement all changes to security infrastructure in accordance with standard procedures and change control policies and procedures
- BS Degree and 3+ years of experience in system administration
- Strong working knowledge of both Unix and Microsoft administration. Microsoft certifications a plus
- Strong working knowledge of digital certificates and strong authentication concepts and practices
- Experience with commercial one time password products a plus.
QSi is seeking an Intermediate Middleware Support Specialist to join our client’s team. The role requires the individual to work “hands on” in a fast-paced, demanding technical environment, with the ability to work with multiple teams in parallel.
The ideal incumbent will be able to assess the complexity of a request or issue, recognize the priority and deliver the solution, conduct work on a combination of support and project-related assignments, and the ability to work at short notice when required for critical issues. The successful incumbent will ensure that trouble tickets are prioritized, well managed and escalated in a timely manner when management intervention is required. There will be occasions where off-hours and on-call pager (paid) support will be required, for incidents, releases and maintenance activities.
The incumbent will also be responsible for interacting with third party support teams, and supporting J2EE application servers and applications.
- Excellent knowledge of middleware servers (WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, JBoss), configurations, deployments and scripting languages.
- Extensive experience supporting J2EE application servers and applications.
- Understanding and experience of enterprise-level applications performance tuning.
- Thorough understanding of the HTTP protocol stack and how it relates to web infrastructure components including reverse proxies, load-balancers, and VIPs.
- Knowledge on concepts such as redirection, forward/reverse proxy, URL re-writing and managing SSL certificates and experience in their implementation
- Excellent UNIX/ Linux skills a must.
- Technical knowledge and experience in network methodologies, TCP/IP protocols, system and network performance analysis.
- Experience interacting with third party support teams.
- The ideal candidate is a results-driven individual with a strong technical background and exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent work-related experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong team player and also comfortable working independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to clearly describe technical issues and their solutions
QSi is seeking a Senior Developer to join our clients team.
- Lead small teams of developers to successfully complete projects, as required.
- Provide technical mentoring and guidance to other software developers.
- Prepare project/task scope and effort estimates.
- Lead and participate in detailed design/implementation of new features and products.
- Code, debug and make recommendations on software enhancements
- Update the design and test documents to reflect software changes and new features
- Very familiar with Linux (kernel, command line, debugging tools).
- Familiar with development on an embedded platform.
- Experience with C/C++, multi-threaded programming.
- Knowledge of networking and Internet technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem diagnosis and solving skills
- Very familiar with Windows
- Networking and Internet technologies
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Knowledge of database technologies and SQL.
2 months +
QSi is seeking a Java Developer to join our clients team. The project is to take an existing code base for an embedded web browser and augment for a TV deployment in a hotel.
- Excellent Java Programming skills
- Very strong experience with SWT
- Strong knowledge of Windows windowing & debugging window events
- Experience with SWT Browser classes
- Experience with development on Windows, in Eclipse
1 Year +
QSi is seeking a Software Developer to join our clients team. The developer will help deliver VoIP/SIP applications.
- Involved in design, code, test, debugging at the component level as well as end-to-end solution level design
- Design support, working closely with our support organization.
- Work as a team member delivering features to software project(s).
- Computer science or software Engineering degree with at least 5 years of relatedexperience
- Experience developing VoIP applications in C/C++
- Experience developing highly-scalable, carrier-grade communications products.
- Developing for Linux environment
- Good understanding of virtualization concepts
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Experience with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Python, Django, Perl, SQL and web application development.
- Familiarity and participation in the open source community
- Experience in developing multi-process/multi-threaded solutions involving multiple applications and systems, across elements within different network topologies.
Perm and Contract
QSi is seeking seeking a Joomla Developer to join our client’s team.
- Web development experience
- Experience with developing web sites and configure template for CMS
QSi is seeking seeking a Sr. Java Developer to join our client’s team. Reporting directly to the Manager, Application Support, the successful candidate will provide expert leadership, technical knowledge of Java technology, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and supporting frameworks and be proficient in object oriented analysis, design and development. This position requires the individual to provide mentorship, leadership, assistance and oversight of coding quality and standards to the development team. Minimal code development will be expected of this individual. The individual must possess a positive “can do” attitude and thrive in a team environment where working under pressure to provide timely fixes and completion of deliverables is critical. The candidate must be willing to learn to work with mainframe technologies such as CoBOL. The individual is expected to assess and provide recommendations on new and emerging processes and technologies and to communicate these recommendations to management on their own initiative.
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentor ship in a Java-based Web development and operational environment
- Design, develop and lead software and database development and maintenance projects
- Participate in requirements gathering, analysis and development of design specifications
- Provide, maintain and oversee coding standard
- Ensure quality of applications and enhancements and provide accurate and timely impact assessments of requested changes
- Configure, maintain and enhance third party software used by the client
- Provide thorough unit, functional and system testing, documenting all results and communicating results to management and team members
- Assist in implementation and deployment of applications for the clients financial Institutions
- Provide 24/7 system on-call support on a rotational basis
- Create, update and maintain current systems and user documentation
- Provide written and verbal communications to client’s senior management, as required
- Post-secondary education in computer science; University education is preferred
- Security clearance at Level II Secret (or willing to obtain
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in systems development and analysis
- Participation in an on-call rotation along with periodic overtime
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally for work and experience with financial systems
- Object-oriented software design and development, use of software patterns
- Test driven development, object-oriented development methodologies and Unified Process/Agile methodology
- Development of n-tier enterprise applications using thin-client and rich-client architectures
- Documenting software designs using UML
- Use and knowledge of Java EE technologies (Servlets, JSP, JSF)
- Use and knowledge of Java server frameworks and supporting technologies(Spring, Hibernate, Maven, JMS, JUnit)
- Deploying to Websphere Application Server
- Analyzing, debugging, designing and developing secure web applications using Java with Websphere MQ in a Websphere application server environment, accessing DB2 and MS SQL databases.
- Adherence to all aspects of the full development lifecycle
- Designing, maintaining and tuning DB2 and MS SQL databases
QSi is seeking seeking a Business Analyst to join our client’s team. This resource will support client business requirements definition and ensure they are complete, clear, and traceable.
- Participate in or Lead Client Business Requirements workshops
- Responsible for delivering Business Requirement Documents
- Create and maintain strong business relationships with all Clients interfacing with
- May be involved in supporting the creation of conceptual solutions and cost estimates associated with signed off Business Requirements
- Participate in transitioning the requirements to the designers, and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements
- Support the creation of Functional Designs associated with Business Requirements
- Conduct process design and re-engineering, process mapping, etc
- 3- 5 years of experience as a core Business Analyst
- Experience working on multiple initiatives for the business
- Working with clients to support client business requirements definition and ensure they are complete, clear, and traceable
- Ability to deliver Business Requirement Documents
- Business Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Use Case Scenarios
- Gaps / issues logs
- A degree in Business Analysis or CBAP certification or other BA accreditations would be an asset
Ottawa, Ontario or Montreal, Quebec
QSi is seeking a Network Functions Virtualization Specialist to join our client’s team. Our Client is looking for an experienced NFV Specialist to join our growing and dynamic team developing leading edge real-time monitoring applications for telecommunications and data network. The successful candidate has proven experience developing C/C++ based telecom applications. Working as an integral member of a self-directed agile development team employing a Scrum-based methodology, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing software for a next generation (LTE, VoIP, IMS, NFV) networking solution. As part of the team, the successful candidate will be empowered to provide technical leadership to both the customer and the client’s software development team on requirements analysis, software architecture, design, implementation, peer review, testing, integration, performance improvement, fine-tuning, configuration management, and troubleshooting.
- BSc/MSc or higher degree in CE/EE or equivalent
- 8+ year experience of software development
- Experience with OpenStack, and Virtualization; experience with VMWare, hypervisor or virtual machine monitor (VMM) and KVM
- Experience programming one or more with Java, Python, PERL, Ruby, Linux shell scripting, JQuery, or C/C++; understanding of REST and HTTP
- Strong understanding of one or more of Routing, Switching, Security and Network Protocols
- Extensive experience with multi-threaded and multi-processor system development
- Proficiency operating in Linux-based Operating Systems such as Debian, RHEL, Suse
- Experience implementing an elastic cluster as an asset
- Experience provisioning and managing IT resources (CPU, memory, I/O, storage) in a virtual environment as an asset
- Direct experience customizing an OpenStack environment would be an asset
QSi is seeking a Developer to join our client’s team in Montreal. The selected candidate will need to have telecom domain experience as well as extensive Java programming experience.
- BSc or higher degree in CE/CS or equivalent
- 4+ years of java software development
- Extensive experience with OOP and Java Software development ( JavaSE/EE)
- Experience creating, maintaining, and executing automated test cases for Unit test (design tests) and acceptance tests (Black Box tests)
- Linux administration experience and bash scripting
- Junit/ TestNG would be an asset
- SIP would an asset