Channel Development Leader
Software Engineer, QA
Director, Information Technology and Systems
Technical Sales Engineer
Associate Marketing Manager
Big Data Analytics Developer
Regulatory Compliance Engineer
Senior Software Developer
Senior Technical Recruiter
Peoplesoft Financials Developer
SAP BW Specialist
Functional Test Engineer
IMS Software Developer
Desktop Software Designer
Software Development Manager
Oracle WebCenter Developer
2 Year Term
QSi is seeking a Security Analyst to join our clients team. Reporting to the Manager, Security, the incumbent is accountable for providing operational services in support of security systems, and advisory services for security issues, policies, standards, processes and compliance review/audit for the the client and its members.
- Provide identity and access management services for payments systems, proxy service offering and system recoverability exercises;
- Maintain physical security controls;
- Implement the Information Security Awareness and Risk Management Programs
- Perform and/or coordinate information security audits for the Information Security Management Program
- Analyze security related events and system logs/reports;
- Participate in project teams by performing information security functions of assigned projects;
- Assist in conducting security and risk analysis including IT vulnerability and risk assessments, risk control evaluation, security requirements identification and verification;
- Assist in delivering information security and risk management awareness training to employees.
- Sound knowledge of cryptographic, authentication and access controls for network, database, application and operating systems, particularly RSA, Entrust and Microsoft Windows;
- Familiarity with industry security standards, laws and regulations including PIPEDA, NIST/CSE and CICA Evaluation standards;
- Demonstrated experience in the use of ISO 27001 control framework, or the CoBIT framework and the software development and maintenance process; and
- Well developed communication and relationship management skills as the incumbent will regularly communicate with internal/external contact and stakeholders.
- Post secondary degree/diploma in computer science or information systems or equivalent experience;
- Industry certifications (CISSP, CISA, ISO 27001 Lead Auditor, PSP) are an asset
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in information security or information risk management
- Knowledge of, or experience with, the ITIL framework is an asset;
- Knowledge of zOS and IBM mainframe operation is an asset;
- Experience with cryptographic controls (RSA, Entrust) , authentication, security policies and practices, security reviews, vulnerability assessments and threat and risk assessments; and
- Willingness to respond to security events in a 7/24 environment.
QSi is seeking a Business Partner, Channel Development Leader to join our clients team.
- Recruiting, enabling, and scaling partner sales
- Works and collaborates to build a network
- Exceeds core partner reach and sales targets
- Possesses the ability drive business transformation and inspire significant investment by outlining the financial/economic value to the partner
- Develop a strategic plan in place or in development for the channel
- Drive the business with thoughtful plans and demonstrating proactive leadership, business insight and strategic channel leadership
- Act as a trusted advisor and managing a meaningful ROB with the channel
- Ensure core priorities, metrics and scorecard objectives are met
- Engage with partner/escalations and sales activities where necessary and appropriate; COEs proactively implemented
- Effective at managing and innovating to solve complex business problems cross-group
- Connect to peers across the organization (Executives, Sales, R&D, ProfessionalServices)
- Holds bold aspirations for the business and himself
- Possesses an entrepreneurial mindset
- Is committed to sales excellence
- Positioned as a trusted advisor to the reseller channel
- Active collaborator and contributor to the breadth channel strategy across the subsidiary
- Drives transformational breakthroughs in channel and customer reach, annuity and renewals, solution selling, etc.
- Candidate should have experience in building and developing a channel strategy at a smaller/start-up company
- 5-10 years of experience in channel management experience with proven results
- Demonstrate strong technology understanding and tech trends in the market.
- Background in the middleware software market would be an asset
- Strong understanding of Distributor and reseller channel business model and economics
- Proven experience developing and executing against long term strategic plans
- Ability to engage and influence at the CXO level
- Demonstrated cross group collaboration abilities
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Bachelor’s degree required – MBA is an asset
QSi is seeking Software Engineers to join our clients team. Our client is looking for full-time Junior or Intermediate Software Engineers responsible for developing management, control and datapath software for our flagship line of Linux/GNU-based middleware appliances. The interested candidate should have experience in various aspects of Linux user-space development for embedded applications. Experience developing management and control plane functions (custom routing and bridging protocols) and/or highly optimized datapath pipelines are highly desirable. The interested candidate must be detail-oriented and capable of producing extremely high quality and robust software.
- B.S. degree or higher in Software/Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar field
- 5 or more years industry experience with 3 or more years developing embedded software
- Proven ability to produce high-quality, robust code for critical and highly available systems
- Experience with a Linux/GNU/x86/C/C++ development environment with strong analytical and object-oriented programming skills
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications on multi-core and multi-processor platforms
- Experience with scripting languages and applying them to increase the productivity of yourself and other developers
- Great team player willing to mentor and transfer knowledge to both senior and junior members of the team
- Experience developing all aspects of highly available appliance-based systems include management, control, and datapath functions
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and it’s routing protocols (BGP, IGMP, RIP)
- Knowledge of Linux system programming interfaces (POSIX/BSD/SVr4) and GNU libraries
- Knowledge of distributed computing and parallel processing
- Experience writing high performance software for MIPS processors and specifically the Cavium Networks Octeon line of MIPS processors
- Knowledge of SAN storage and file systems and experience maximizing the performance of file operations for such systems
QSi is seeking a Software Development Engineer in QA to join our clients team. Our client’s quality assurance team is offering an exceptional opportunity to be a part of a small team working on industry-leading messaging systems. Their systems need to meet remarkably high standards of quality, performance and reliability, operating around the clock on a massive scale. If you are a talented and detail-oriented developer who is passionate about quality and the creation of test systems, and are enthusiastic about cutting edge technology, we’d like to hear from you.
As a software developer engineer in QA you will be responsible for designing, planning, executing, automating, documenting, and maintaining systems for testing hardware-based middleware across a variety of architectures and technologies. You will work with world-class software developers, hardware developers and technical support staff to deliver on-time product to meet our customers’ demands.
- B.S. degree or higher in Computer Science or similar field
- New Graduate or up to 4 years of industry software development or testing experience
- At least intermediate skills with Java, C, .NET or other similar languages
- At least intermediate skills with Linux or other *nix operating systems
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
- Experience with scripting languages such as TCL, Perl, Python, Bash shell
- Solid fundamental understanding of Ethernet and IP networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of software quality and testing methodologies and test automation tools
- Experience in executing and analyzing performance tests is an asset
- Experience designing and implementing testing tools and systems is an asset
QSi is seeking a Director, Information Technology and Systems to join our clients team. Reporting to the Director, Operations, the Director, Information Technology and Systems (IT and IS), being the senior most position within the IT/IS department, is responsible for the vision, strategy, planning, and management of IT/IS services and solutions which support the business strategies. Success is the primary focus; through a culture of service excellence evidenced by innovative solutions that meet the current and emerging needs of its members and stakeholders; and competence in project management, work prioritization and strong business relationships.
- Provides leadership and management of the organization’s information technology services
- Provides strategic vision, planning, and implementation of technology to align with and support business initiatives while maintaining day-to-day operations and ensuring a clear pathway for managed growth
- Plans, directs and controls all systems and operational activities of the IT/IS Department
- Implements and follows Project Management and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies to ensure that required systems are introduced across the organization in an efficient and effective manner and meet stakeholder requirements
- Works closely with various departments to streamline and optimize IT/IS services to support their business activities
- Stays abreast of emerging technologies and systems that support member engagement activities;
- Provides leadership, guidance, direction and mentorship to IT/IS team, including managing external IT/IS consultants/contractors and vendors on an as needed basis, to foster a high performing team environment
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related disciple required, with a professional IT designation (e.g. Information Systems Professional, Information Technology Certified Professional).
- Project Management and ITIL certification is considered an asset
- A minimum of 15 years of progressive IT experience, including 5 years in a leadership role in a business environment, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Experience in implementing successful, innovative IT/IS solutions that link current and emerging stakeholder requirements with business strategies
- Excellent IT/IS industry awareness – emerging technologies, leading practices, major issues
- Strong project management skills, proven ability to ensure accuracy and rigor in time, cost and quality related to deliverables for stakeholders
- Lead the delivery of designated IT/IS services, through a mix of in-house and strategic sourcing arrangements
- Business acumen, ability to develop an understanding of stakeholder requirements and using this knowledge to develop, and implement practical, scalable and efficient business solutions
QSi is is seeking to an Technical Sales Engineer to join our clients team. As a Sales Engineer, based in Ottawa Canada, you will be responsible for driving the technical sales cycles to ensure customer success and revenue goals derived from our client’s software.
- Present vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to executives, technical management and technical engineers
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of VMware cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of VMware cloud architectures (and to a lesser extent Amazon AWS, Hyper-V and OpenStack)
- Assist sales in preparation of proposals, demonstrations, statement of work, and supporting documents for prospects
- Work collaboratively with sales associates, product management, technical marketing and engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of products
- Maintain, grow, and leverage relationships with key customers
- 3+ years’ experience in technology related work, including pre-sales systems engineer or customer-facing engineer working on large scale enterprise, federal and service provider environments
- Understand what it takes to be a successful pre-sales systems engineer
- Social intelligence to see the political dynamics of any customer situation
- Hypervisor hands on and architecture experience in at least one of the following: VMware vSphere or vCloud Director, VMware Horizon View, VMware NSX or VMware vRealize Suite
- Experience or good understanding of any of the following cloud management systems: OpenStack, CloudStack, vCloud Automation Center (vCAC), vCloud Director (vCD)
- Ability to communicate with Network Architects
- Must be comfortable and have a desire for hands-on duties supporting customers during product demonstrations, training, and PoCs
- Ability to deliver training & workshop sessions as part of the pre-sales process
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time globally
6 months +
QSi is is seeking to an Intermediate Developer to join our clients team. Our client’s applications group is looking for a talented intermediate developer to contribute to the design and development of our enterprise management software. In this position, you will be a key member of the team responsible for designing and integrating client and server software components. This position offers an opportunity to individuals who are seeking a challenging role where they can fully utilize their software development skills in both Java and C#.
- Design, coding, testing and debugging of media rich .NET WPF based applications
- Integration with in house developed and 3rd party components into world class software solutions
- Integration of .NET applications with web services (SOAP) and video services (H.264/MPEG via RTSP/MP4)
- 3-4 years in software development using Java, primarily in web application server development
- 1-2 years in software development using .NET (preferably C#/Silverlight)
- Designing for high performance under heavy traffic and with high availability
- Proficient with J2EE architectures and frameworks including working knowledge of the Spring Framework and Hibernate
- Web Services and design including SOAP, REST
- Client/server applications and multi-threaded application development
- Communication protocols including TCP/IP, HTTP, SNMP
- Visual Studio 2008/2010
QSi is is seeking to 2 Marketing Managers for our client in Toronto. The incumbent will be responsible for delivering business results: Volume/Profit/Revenue (VPR) for brand portfolio across Canada by developing brand strategy, plans and initiatives to deliver growth consistent with business objectives. Develops key relationships with International Marketing, agencies, all third party vendors, corporate brand ambassadors, sales, distributors and operations.
- Identifies and evaluates key brand issues, drivers and growth opportunities, accurately using a variety of data sources to analyze relevant business situations and recommend courses of action
- Identifies new opportunities for the brand through analyses including pricing, shopper and market segmentation, competition, sku optimization, channel and portfolio strategy
- Supports the development of targeted consumer information. Manages incorporation of research initiatives into consumer insights, identifying optimal consumer target and positioning
- Supports the planning process for the brand and initiates mid to long term objectives, strategies and plans based on business dynamics
- Translates strategies into initiatives to achieve goals, develops and implements consumer communication and activation programs in key markets. Supports smaller markets with a brand toolkit and guides local sales team to develop in-market plans and activities
- Participates in the development of NPD ideas and leads NPD launch in the region through devising launch support programs
- Develops channel specific strategies and implements channel customer marketing business building ideas and programs
- Understands Sales and Customer issues, develops strong relationships with Sales and Key Distributors/Customers across Canada. Participates in customer calls as necessary
- Supports the identification of research objectives, use of appropriate tools and can interpret and apply data
- Works with Forecasting to help manage brand or customer forecasting process
- Works with Finance and leads promotional effectiveness evaluation
- Proactively communicates key business issues and initiatives to team and upper management for buy-in
- Must maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
QSi is is seeking to 2 Associate Marketing Managers for our client in Toronto.
- Participates in the identification and evaluation of key brand issues, drivers and growth opportunities, accurately using a variety of data sources to analyze relevant business situations and recommend courses of action.
- Supports the identification of research objectives, use of appropriate tools and can interpret and apply data.
- Supports the planning process for the brand and initiates mid to long term objectives, strategies and plans based on business dynamics
- Supports the development of targeted consumer information. Manages incorporation of research initiatives into consumer insights, identifying optimal consumer target and positioning.
- Analyses include pricing, shopper and market segmentation, competition, BTL test market results, sku optimization, channel and portfolio strategy.
- Participates in the development of NPD ideas and leads on implementation of NPD after development from International marketing is complete.
- Participates in the development of channel specific strategies
- Participates in the development of and leads implementation of channel customer marketing business building ideas.
- Optimizes sales materials and understands customer issues.
- Participates in customer calls as necessary.
- Works with Forecasting to help manage brand or customer forecasting process.
- Works with Finance and leads development of tools/systems to support financial analysis and reporting for customers
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business plus 4 years’ brand and trade marketing experience managing a portfolio of brands.
- Experience working for a Multi-National Corporation
- Experience with managing people and businesses and leveraging basic finance and accounting principles
- Experience with reading, analyzing and interpreting common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Skilled in writing speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format
6 months +
QSi is is seeking to a Big Data Analytics Developer to join our client’s team.
- Extensive hands-on experience with big data analytics related technologies and techniques
- Hands on experiences in software development workflow analytics
- Knowledge of the industry standard and common practices in software development workflow analysis
- Successful records of turning research ideas into actionable designs and POCs
- Experience with distributed graph databases
- Experience in Cassandra Spark is highly desirable
- Experience in data mining and working with large, unfiltered data sets highly desirable
- Experience in Python, Java
- Comfortable working in an open, dynamic team where multiple on-going projects and open collaboration are the norm
QSi is is seeking to a Regulatory Compliance Engineer to join our clients team. Our client is seeking an intelligent and highly motivated compliance engineer for a contract term. This person must be able to multi-task a number of projects covering various disciplines.
- Work with design/product engineering to ensure new products and design changes meet applicable worldwide Safety, EMC, Radio, telephony and environmental certifications
- Apply for and coordinate regulatory certification for all products worldwide
- Constantly research the regulatory environment and facilitate discussions regarding changes in regulatory requirements
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years experience as a Regulatory engineer with a strong background in ITE design and Safety testing
- Experience working with multiple global and country-specific certification bodies e.g. CSA, Anatel, CQC
- Primary responsibilities would include but not limited to CSA, IEC CB testing, reports, file submissions as required to maintain Safety approvals
- Familiarity with various Directives such as EMC,LVD, RTTE, RoHS, REACH
- Familiarity with internationally adopted standards such as 60950-1, 55022, 55024, 301 489, 301 406 , 300 328 etc
- Skilled at EMC/Radio emissions and immunity debugging and test
- Work in a team environment supporting the development phase of new products including but not limited to schematic /PCB design reviews
QSi is is seeking to a Systems Administrator to join our clients team. The candidate will be the sole IT Staff team member of a small office located in Edmonton, AB. He or she will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day IT support of all employees including a small office of 5-10 users. Candidate will work with IT Administrators and Engineers from Corporate Headquarters in Grapevine, TX to maintain and support the 2 Canadian datacenters to be located in Toronto and Vancouver, as well as any IT Infrastructure located in the Edmonton office. Candidate should have experience managing IT projects from start to finish and be able to document the entire project lifecycle for presentation to management. Candidate will provide phone and e-mail support to internal staff and its contractors in Alberta. Candidate will be required to maintain expert knowledge on the supported products including in-house developed software and the SSI-20/20 and SSI-20/30 interlock devices through continuous self training.
- Provide IT support to SSI staff for in-house and other software
- Help maintain a technical self help knowledge base for staff
- Perform basic web page administration; manage web traffic reporting and statistics
- Management and verification of backups
- Software License administration and audits
- Perform troubleshooting to isolate, diagnose, and remedy common network, application, and operating system problem
- Install, upgrade, and configure network printing, directory structures, rights, security, and software on servers
- Respond to the needs and questions of users concerning their access of resources on the network
- Review and archive network data and logs for reporting
- Report on current network and server state and predict needs for future growth
- Contribute to continuous product and service improvement through product and documentation review
- Support phone and voicemail systems
- LAN configuration/router connection and troubleshooting
- Work with IT development team to help test and verify software changes before deployment
- Work with R&D to troubleshoot support issues, and test associated fixes having to do with the in- house developed software
- 2+ years Network implementation and administration experience
- 1+ years System administration on Windows Server platforms
- 2+ years PC hardware installation and troubleshooting experience
- Working knowledge of VOIP and IP Telephony systems
- Solid knowledge of Networking, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IIS, FTP, Firewalls
- Solid knowledge of Server and PC hardware, including laptops, desktops, LAN/WANs, routers, network and phone wiring
- Ability to read and write clear and understandable instructions
- Candidates must be able to work varying hours and travel when required (less than 10%)
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills within a technical environment
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to positively interact with all levels of the organization.
6 Months +
QSi is seeking an Virtualization Developer to join our client’s team. The Cloud and Virtualization Group (CVG) is seeking Software Engineers at various levels for its emerging technology next generation management Platform. The team will take a fast-paced, iterative approach to development using the Agile process. The incumbent will be responsible for developing features primarily in Java and managing communications with underlying Cloud platform, supporting a REST based API to NB clients, and designing, documenting and implement features. The incumbent will also work with various cross-functional groups such as development teams and use the Agile process for the software development lifecycle.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in developing complex applications primarily using Java
- Exposure to OpenStack / VMWare
- Experience using scripting languages (Bash / Python / Perl) running on Linux
- Experience integrating with Open Source Software / Third party Products
- Experience with Hibernate / relational databases
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements in a high paced environment
- Ability to take high level feature requirements and ultimately deliver a solution and corresponding documentation
- Strong communication, teamwork and problem solving skills are essential.
- Openness to exploring and learning about new technologies as possible solutions to issues
- Experience integrating with JClouds
- Experience integrating with VMWare Infrastructure API (vi SDK)
- Knowledge of VMWare architecture and product suite
- Experience with GIT / Gerrit / Jenkins
6 Months +
QSi’s Vancouver client is looking for an intelligent, quality-conscience, self-motivated, and innovative senior software developer to join their IP OS Infrastructure team. Evolving how infrastructure for networking middleware is done for a new generation of IP networking equipment, you will utilize your experience with Linux, IP networking, software development life cycle, embedded software design, and multi-threaded programming in a multi-core/multi-processor distributed environment to produce carrier-class infrastructure for client’s IP Operating System.
Critical thinking and the ability to challenge “how things are done” are part of your responsibility as a senior software developer. You must have an ability to positively influence your direct peers and others abroad in the R&D organization on key items such as quality, architecture, efficiency, and simplicity.
- Design, architect and implement platform independent infrastructure
- Be a technical leader who demands excellence and is focused on customer needs
- Identify requirements, design and implement generic solutions
- Work with global cross-functional teams
- Diagnose, debug and fix critical issues and defects
- Write technical specifications, design and test integration documents.
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Must possess excellent C programming skills and a solid understanding of Linux/UNIX
- Experience with modular software design utilizing dynamic libraries
- Excellent knowledge of multi-tasking and multi-threaded libraries
- Experience working with transactional databases and synchronization mechanisms
- Experience with IPC, shared memory and/or other data sharing mechanisms
- Experience with debugging and test tools, i.e. GDB, CUnit, Valgrind or equivalent
- Knowledge of embedded system infrastructure
- Excellent analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a strong team player and be able to work with remote cross functional teams
- Must have the ability to work on large and complex embedded projects
- Must have the ability to deliver with uncompromising quality on tight schedules
- API framework definition and standardization
- OpenSAF standards knowledge
- Networking and IP protocol
- GIT and Makefile
- C++, Java and Python
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required
QSi is seeking a Senior Technical Recruiter to join our client’s team.
- Develop and execute effective recruitment strategies
- Source qualified candidates through headhunting, resume database searches, job boards, social media, as well as networking through professional and community organizations
- Screen and assess candidates by telephone, e-mail and face to face meetings using behavioral and competency based interviewing techniques
- Manage relationships with outsourced recruitment agencies
- Manage and continuously update the Applicant Tracking System
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience leading full-cycle corporate recruitment in a technical environment, ideally telecommunications
- Strong understanding of technical terminology relating to software development within Network Processing, Media Service, Network Security and Cloud
- Experience screening resumes and exercising judgment in identifying valuable and relevant candidates
- Experience with international recruitment and the process of obtaining work permits
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Results oriented
- Responsive and having a sense of urgency
- Quick to learn new technical concepts at a very high level
- Advanced computer literacy in the Windows environment: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, and organize tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently
- BSc or higher degree in EE/CS/CE or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in technical screening and recruitment
QSi is seeking a Senior Technical Analyst to join our client’s team. Here is your opportunity to be part of a dynamic self-directed team of developers and business analysts who play a key role in supporting delivery of high quality services to its members by providing effective technology solutions to business problems. The primary focus of this position is to provide technical expertise in PeopleSoft solution application development, maintenance, and production support. This includes bolt on modules, enhancements, configuration changes and custom development. The incumbent participates in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle and “owns” a project or sub-project from end to end. The incumbent needs to demonstrate recent working expertise of PeopleSoft CRM and/or PeopleSoft Financials as well as other applications and technologies in use at CMPA such as Java and Web Services.
- Analyze current/new business processes through close work and consultation with the Business Analysts in order to understand the business rules, requirements involved, validate the processes and evaluate their efficiency.
- Perform coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs for fixes and enhancements utilizing standard procedures and techniques. This includes development and maintaining of code for bolt on functionality, reports and interfaces
- Performs unit testing, debugging of programming work
- Maintains records to document program development and revisions
- Participates in the feasibility analysis for new systems/applications
- Assess how new technology integrates with existing systems
- Provide technical advice and assistance by responding to inquiries from Information Technology Services (ITS) colleagues regarding errors, problems or questions about programs from a technical perspective
- Ability to troubleshoot service interruption incidents, identify the root cause and take corrective action
- Participate in on-call support activities as required
- At least 3 years of experience in a COTS environment or working with an ERP solution is required, coupled with 7 to 9 years of IT experience
- Experience in PeopleSoft application Finance and/or CRM 9.0 or higher
- Experience with PeopleTools 8.50 and higher
- Hands on experience with application designer, PeopleCode, Application engine, file layouts, application messaging, SQL, SQR, integration broker, PeopleTools Upgrades and application upgrades
- Four-year Bachelor’s Degree in a specialized field (i.e. B.Comm, BMath or B.Sc)
- Experience with relational database management systems
- Experience integrating PeopleSoft and third party applications using REST and SOAP based web services
- Experience with version control software (e.g. STAT)
- Ability to analyse and provide solutions to complex system problems
- Aptitude to learn and apply new technologies
- Committed to continuous education through formal courses and self-learning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of agile methodology is desirable
- Experience with object oriented programming such as Java
- Experience integrating with and supporting Software as a Service products
- Project lead and project management experience are assets
6 months +
- Develop and enhance software development tools to optimize compile/test/commit development process
- Develop suite of applications improving S/W developer/manager/release manager productivity and overall S/W quality
- Develop web application front ends and service enhancements for continuous integration tools
- Transform existing tools to provide a state-of-the-art development experience to developers
- Conceive new tools and/or methods to increase the overall quality of the S/W releases while maintaining an agile development process
- Develop ETL (extract, transform, load) applications in Python/Django
- Automate bug detection and isolation
- Work within a team environment and enhance your programming skills while learning from the Senior Software Engineers at the same time
6 months +
QSi is seeking a Desktop Support incumbent to join our client’s team in their Gatineau office. The ideal incumbent will have 1-3 years’ experience in a technical support role, preferable in a large environment (500+ users);as well as advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Active Directory and basic knowledge of network environments. The incumbent will bring strong organizational skills and the ability to perform multiple high priority tasks directly related to internal staff as well as very strong interpersonal communication and conflict management skills. The incumbent must have good oral and written communication skills, in both French and English and the ability to work in a fast pace environment while executing multiple tasks.
- Provide level 1 support for all applications and assist clients by resolving issues with applications, training-related requests, hardware and infrastructure
- Log and track every call in the HEAT Tracking System and update throughout the day from initial contact to incident resolution
- Provide technical support with issues pertaining to a high level network environment such as network printing, drive mapping, Active Directory permissions, Citrix access, file transfers and network connectivity for desktops, laptops and LAN networks
- Be available to work between 7:00am to 7:00pm
- Be available for a 24/7 emergency service, nights and weekends
QSi is currently seeking a SAP BW Specialist to join our clients team.
- Expertise in SAP BI projects with solid Modeling Experience in BW 7.0, 7.3 or 7.4 (as we are upgrading to 7.4 by end of this year)
- Expertise in integrating SAP BI 7.0 & 7.4 systems with SAP-ECC, SAP-CRM and non-SAP system
- - Sound extraction experience from CRM (6.0 or 7.0) with SAP delivered BWA framework for transactional data such as CRM Lead, Service Order, Opportunities & Activity Analysis and Master Data such as BUPA_MAIN using BDoc process flow
- Solid extraction experience form SAP ECC (MM & QM) module using SAP Logistic Cockpit Data sources for QM, focuses on Inspection Plan, Inspection Lot, Result recording & Usage decision and MM Equipment Master Data
- Expertise in writing/handling ABAP routines in Transformations such as Start Routine, End Routine, Expert Routine, CRM Function Modules, ECC enhanced structure
- Experience is Cognos 8.4 or 10.0 Report Studio considers to be real plus point for project speed up
- Hana Experience for future development and how to get there
6 months +
QSi is seeking a System Administrator to join our client’s team. The ideal incumbent will have solid knowledge of computer hardware components, scripting languages (Perl, Python, Expect, Shell scripting) and administration experience with network hardware and protocols (HTTP, SMTP, DNS, SNMP, DHCP etc.). Incumbents must have experience with Linux operating systems (RHEL), management of SAN/NAS storage devices, and administration experience with VMware, KVM, or Open Stack. The Systems Administrator will bring good troubleshooting, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills as well as good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals. 3-5 years of Systems Administrator experience, knowledge of Cisco UCS, and a Cisco, RedHat or VMware certification are desired.
- Responsible for organizing, managing, monitoring, and supporting Core Software Group’s servers and networks
- Client/customer relationship management inc. providing regular updates through Cisco’s ticketing system as per established SLAs
- Deploy new servers and VMs as required
- Maintaining mission critical server infrastructure
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning servers
1 Year contract
QSi is is seeking to hire a Software Developer to join our client’s applications team to help deliver VoIP/SIP applications.
- Involved in design, code, test, debugging at the component level as well as end-to-end solution level design
- Design support, working closely with our support organization
- Develop VoIP applications in C/C++
- Develop highly-scalable, carrier-grade communications products
- Develop for Linux environment
- Work as a team member delivering features to software project(s)
- Experience with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Python, Django, Perl, SQL and web application development
- Experience in developing multi-process/multi-threaded solutions involving multiple applications and systems, across elements within different network topologies
QSi is seeking a Functional Test Engineer to Join our Clients team. Our client is looking for a Functional Test Engineer – IP Multimedia Subsystem to work as part of a cross-functional team to prepare test specifications and to design and implement both manual and automated functional test cases using TTCN. IMS offers a standardized way to deliver convenient IP-based consumer and enterprise services to fixed, mobile and cable community, enabled by one common core and control. It is the cornerstone of the evolution of current networks to a single, all-IP based network where all types of services (messaging, telephony, etc.) and media (voice, video, pictures, text etc.) can be integrated into a single user experience.
- Proven experience of Telecom Feature/Functional software testing and application of concepts & strategies (White Box, Grey box tests)
- Proven experience in Test Automation & Scripting
- Proven experience in Telecom testing tools & simulators (TTCN, SPIRENT, Wireshark, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and skills in software development processes, specifically in Testing, Maintenance and Support Processes
- Proven experience in Telecom networks with focus on IP telecom protocols and standards (SIP, call signaling, Diameter)
- Knowledge and skills in VoIP, SIP & IMS technology
- Proven knowledge and skills in Linux/Unix environment and Clearcase/UCM software management
- Highly developed knowledge and skills in troubleshooting
- Good knowledge and skills in ICE, Streamline & Agile Development
- Experience with C or C++ programming and scripting languages
- Good knowledge and skills in Development Processes
- Good knowledge 3GPP IMS and IETF VoIP Technical Standa
- Experience testing the integration of 3rd Party Products
- Strong English communication skills, both written and spoken
- Quick learner
- BSc or higher degree in CE/CS or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in Telecom software testing and verification, preferably in the telecom and VoIP environment
QSi is seeking an IMS Software Developer to Join our Clients team. Our client is looking for a Software Developer to work as part of a cross-functional team to develop and release Core Application nodes for the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) and other solutions. The successful candidate will be responsible to produce and document high quality software products from inception to delivery for the telecommunication industry. The main requirement of this position is the ability to perform analysis, design, verification, demonstration and maintenance of these products in a process-driven, team environment. IMS offers a standardized way to deliver convenient IP-based consumer and enterprise services to fixed, mobile and cable community, enabled by one common core and control. It is the cornerstone of the evolution of current networks to a single, all-IP based network where all types of services (messaging, telephony, etc.) and media (voice, video, pictures, text etc.) can be integrated into a single user experience.
- Codes and implements complex software programs in C++ and OOD/OOP.
- Resolves trouble reports
- Participates and contributes to improvements of software development (products, processes, methods, tools)
- Provides mentorship to less experienced software developers.
- Troubleshoots and debugs new or existing software programs.
- Executes and develops unit test cases.
- Participates and contributes to design inspection and / or code review.
- Works in complex design and / or maintenance activities.
- Performs unit testing activities and design / maintenance documentation
- Coordinates a small development / maintenance team, if required.
- Proven experience in C++ programming and OOD/OOP SW development
- Experience in software development & Test tools (Clearcase, IBM Eclipse, Unit test frameworks)
- Experienced software development in Unix/Linux OS environments
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in IP networks technology, VoIP SIP/SDP protocols & IMS
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Software Engineering methodology (Agile, Streamline, ICE)
- Good knowledge and skills in Development Processes
- Good knowledge and skills in Technical Standards
- Test Automation skills (TTCN Knowledge)
- Proven experience in telecom networks and telecom standards (e.g. SIP, Diameter, Radius, etc.)
- Quality & Process Management
- Prioritization and Planning
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in English
- Quick learner and flexible
- Able to interact with customers and discuss their requirements and needs
- Work well both individually and as a member of a team
1 year +
QSi is seeking a Java Developer to join our client’s team. Reporting to the IT Development Manager, the Java Developers role is to accept business requirements for in-house applications and turn those into working system features.
They are responsible for ensuring the consistent, stable and cost-effective operation Java platforms while maintaining development best practices.
This role is expected to be hands on with the opportunity to work with both internal and external collaborators as the project workload demands.
This individual is expected to work as part of a global team defining and managing the target development environment.
Specific responsibilities:Design, develop and maintain enterprise Java applications, Follow best practice software development methodologies, Maintains code repository for Java applications, Support the development and maintenance of a standard Java development platform, Works closely with IT Service Delivery to ensure smooth transition to support
- University or College Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent related experience
- More than 5 years of related experience
- Experience working with distributed development teams
- Experience working with legacy software systems
- Experience translating business requirements into technical solutions
- Excellent Java & Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) knowledge
- Base knowledge in the following Java frameworks: JSF, JPA, CDI
- Very good knowledge of IBM WebSphere application server
- Knowledge of GlassFish v3 or v4 application server would be desirable
- Very good knowledge of securing web applications
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle, MSSQL)
- Very good analytical and trouble shooting skills
6 Months +
QSi is seeking Automation Developers to join our clients team.
- Test Automation
- Real Time Design SW
- IP and Networking
- LTE Knowledge
1 Year +
QSi is currently seeking a Software Developer to join our clients team performing Radio Base Station software maintenance.
- Resolve Assigned Trouble Reports on Radio or XMU Software
- Attention to detail and end-product quality
- C++ coding skills. – Object-oriented design
- Node level OA&M including initialization, configuration management, fault management, performance management, and test management.
- Knowledge of OSI L3-L7 protocols
- Inter-nodal control plane messaging
- Client-Server software system development
- Knowledge of radio power control – Unix-based development environment
- Real-time OS programming environment (OSE, VxWorks, Linux, etc.)
- Software development for telecom wireless infrastructure equipment would be a strong asset.
- Source-level debugging tools and techniques
- Test and validation of wireless or data products, and general test methodology. – Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
6 Months +
QSi is seeking a Software Tester to join our clients growing and dynamic team.
- Experience in virtualization technology such as OpenStack/KVM and VMware vSphere/vCloud Director
- Test automation experience with the ability to develop automation scripts
- Knowledge in cloud and networking
- Performance testing experience is an asset
- Experience in testing web server based application with REST API
- Experience in Agile development and able to work with design team using an integrated testing approach
- Ability to develop test strategy and test cases at both component and solution level
1 year +
QSi is seeking an Desktop Software Designer to join our clients team.The Desktop Software Designer will be responsible for development of Android Application SW and design and implementation of Android applications and infrastructure.
The incumbent will also be responsible for integration, testing, debugging and modification of Multimedia IP endpoint SW.
He/She will be working with technologies such as: C/C++, Java, Linux,Android framework, Android applications, Protocols including TCP/IP, SIP, H.264, communications interfaces such as USB and Gigabit Ethernet and Advanced Graphical Interfaces with Multi-touch and Gestures.
- Graduate from CS, SW ENG
- Java, C/C++
- Object oriented design
- Android Knowledge
- Linux Knowledge and experience
- Networking knowledge and experience
- Graphical Tools
- Experience with modern software development methodologies, especially Agile
- Great communication skills both written and spoken
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
QSi is seeking a Verification Engineer to join our clients team. With moderate direction and supervision, the verification engineer works with other engineering functions for SW Development through Technical Publications, performing moderately complex assignments to test new and existing IP Phones, Cloud-based products, applications and customer solutions. This includes participating in product development activities and specifically the design and execution of test setups and procedures to help ensure a high quality customer solution.
- Reviews and provides feedback into new product feature and specifications.
- Writes test plans, conducts test plan reviews and test reporting.
- Designs and develops test setups and procedures of a moderately complex nature
- Selects testing specifications for new products and ensures testing procedures comply with project requirements.
- Performs moderately complex testing and analysis to certify compliance to project requirements and external standards or specifications.
- Implements and maintains test processes in-line with company standard operating procedures.
- Documents and maintains record of test progress and test results.
- Prepares reports and disseminates to management.
- May assist with the investigation and resolution of operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel
- Participates in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs
- Maintains skills and currency in the software test engineering field by attending trainings, seminars, or other technical-related conferences or seminars; interfacing with peers, or reading trade periodicals, or journals
Gatineau or Montreal, Quebec
QSi is seeking a Software Development Manager to join our clients growing and dynamic team in Montreal or Gatineau. The successful candidate has proven experience managing and leading highly motivated software development teams to deliver projects on time and on budget. The successful candidate also demonstrates excellent communications skills and a strong customer orientation. Travel to customer location will be required occasionally.
- BSc in EE/CS/CE or equivalent and 10+ years of experience in software development.
- 5+ years of experience in managing software development teams and projects
- Proven experience developing and managing network communication software projects
- Proven track record of quality improvement, and positive customer interactions on requirements, schedules and technical issue resolution
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and to motivate, direct and coach staff
- Experience in real-time or cloud computing software development
- Good understanding or domain knowledge of VoIP or L2/L3 protocols with various network processors such as Cavium or Broadcom chipsets
- Good understanding of Object Oriented software development (C++ or Java/J2EE)
- Proven project management and planning skills and a history of delivering software projects on time
- Proven experience in software development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to view software from an Architectural and System perspective
- Demonstrated experience managing multi-site teams
QSi is seeking seeking a Oracle WebCenter Develooer to join our client’s team.
- 5+ years experience with WebCenter development
- Experience with WebCenter Portal Framework
- Experience with WebCenter Content Server (UCM)
- Experience with WebCenter Spaces
- Experience with Oracle ADF