QSi is currently seeking a Database Administrator to join our client’s team.
Job Summary: Under the direction of Senior Manager, Network and Systems Services, the Database Administrator plans, installs and configures database server environments to meet business objectives. She/He provides support and maintenance for enterprise database servers. She/He creates and manages the disaster recovery infrastructure and develops related procedures. She/He monitors the hardware and software components to ensure top performance of enterprise database servers; evaluates and writes statements, creates new indexes and alters existing indexes as required. She/He troubleshoots technical issues, database performance and functionality issues.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or in a related field, AND some years of experience in Structured Query Language (SQL) Server Administration, or in a related field
OR College diploma or certificate in Computer Science, or in a related field, AND several years of experience in Structured Query Language (SQL) Server Administration, or in a related field
OR A demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. This includes but is not limited to demonstrated military education, training or experience.
- In database infrastructure administration
- In network infrastructure administration
- In maintenance and administration of SQL Server
- In SQL programming
- In Data Transformation Services (DTS), stored procedures and writing scripts
- In database replications
- In backups and disaster recovery scenarios
- In administering clusters of servers and virtual servers
- In database security and best practices
- In project management
- In vendor contract management
- In applying policies, procedures, and regulations
- In using software for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, databases, e-mail, and Internet browsing an asset