QSi is currently seeking an ETL Data Stage Developer for our client.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and document ETL and Data Quality processes.
- Conduct data quality assessments and provide extracts to clients for review, correction and/or to recommend automated processes to rectify data issues. Capture data quality rules and incorporate in automated processes, including logging, alerts or other mechanisms that allow for user correction.
- Analyze source systems, prepare dataset extracts and develop procedures for data transformation and loading, including creating data staging environments, scripts, jobs and database objects (such as tables, views and stored procedures) that will support these procedures.
- Provide clear, concise and comprehensive documentation deliverables to peers (typically design and deployment documentation).
- Develop database models for any custom database objects that are created by the resource.
- Work closely and collaboratively with management, Information Architect, team members, development team, DBA and infrastructure teams to optimize the overall data management delivery.
Specific Project Requirements:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with others – within IT and lines of business
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Understand systems data elements, and existing data structures, in a multitude of different structures and formats.
- Set up the data quality analysis framework (activities, process, requirements, and level of effort) to hand off to a business resource.
- Set up a data staging area to receive, manipulate and prepare for data upload to systems.
- Import source data files and save to an internal file location for review, analysis and auditing purposes.
- Validate source files for completeness and quality of format, content location and values.
- Identify qualified/approved records for system upload.
- Identify and resolve discrepancies (format, content, values).
- Work with business team members on resolving quality issues.
- Deliver data analysis reports that clearly articulate data accuracy and completeness results.
- Provide work status on a daily/weekly/etc. basis, as directed by the project authority.
- Transition knowledge to staff, as directed by the project authority.
- A 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree.
- 10+ years of broad experience in IM/IT solution design and delivery, including working knowledge with infrastructure, database platform, middleware and applications.
- 7+ years in analyzing, designing and developing enterprise applications, OLTP, OLAP, BI and ETL solutions leveraging multiple DBMS technologies, in addition to strong MS Excel skills.
- 4+ years development experience with Oracle 11 (or higher)
- 3+ years development experience with SQL Server 2008 (or higher)
- 2+ years experience with IBM Data Stage
- 1+ years experience with IBM Quality Stage and Information Analyzer
- Well-rounded experience in the whole data life-cycle management and hands-on experience in the following data management domains: dimensional and relational data modeling, data quality, SQL programming, ETL development, metadata management and master data management, business intelligence and database administration.
- Good understanding and practical implementation experience with integration design patterns.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, critical thinking, time management, priority planning and interpersonal skills.