QSi is seeking a Firmware Engineer to join our client’s team.
As a member of a focused team of engineers, the candidate will develop firmware for platforms running embedded OS’. This role requires extensive interactions with R & D, Hardware Design, Firmware Architects and Product Managers. The candidate will be involved in requirements gathering, developing and implementing systems for new and existing products and systems. This position requires a candidate with a firm background in real time embedded firmware design.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop application level software and APIs for wireless communications products.
• Design and implement real-time embedded firmware for complex systems used in safety-critical and mission critical applications.
• Write technical documents including, but not limited to, requirements, design specifications, and technical reports.
• Work and interface with engineers of different disciplines to achieve overall technical compliance.
• Work closely with other teams on system integration and validation.
• Work independently with minimal supervision.
• A degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science, desired;
• Experience with applications to include LTE small cell, LTE-U small cell, eNB and microwave backhaul;
• A minimum of ten years of embedded software development experience;
• Expert skill level in embedded C++ software development required;
• Strong embedded programming skills in C, C++
• Experience working with RTOS’ (QNX, VxWorks, RTLinux, Nucleus, etc.)
• Experience working with Microcontrollers (Freescale, Altera, Xilinx, etc.)
• Communication protocol knowledge (ethernet, bus, serial, etc.)