QSi is currently seeking a Java Developer to join our client’s team. You will be part of a team responsible to design, implement and collaborate on advanced and emerging technologies that will power the next generation of Data Centers, Cloud providers and Virtual Services. You will have the opportunity to make an impact on the world in a fun thriving environment.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development of software for our next generation Data Center virtual services and orchestration platform.
- Work in a fully agile and highly technical team to deliver features at a high velocity
- Champion new/improved design and testing methodologies
- Drive CICD and automation improvements
- Potentially participate in Cisco Patent Program and standardization activities (IETF, IEEE, etc)
- Mentor and lead junior members of the team
- Typically requires BASc, MASc or a Ph.D in EE/CS.
- Excellent OO design knowledge and experience
- Excellent programming skills in Java and Python
- Working knowledge of git, ant, maven and Jenkins
- Proficient in network, distributed, asynchronous and concurrent programming
- Proven track record designing, building and delivering high quality software on time
- A grasp of networking technologies, routing protocols, OS infra-structures, Linux
- Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Experience with test methodologies, unit testing and integration testing
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication, experience in presenting ideas/concepts
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time, prioritize them and manage time effectively
- Self motivated, highly ambitious, has a desire to challenge the status-quo
- CCIE or other networking certifications
- Experience in network virtualization development