QSi is currently seeking two MPLS developers to join our client’s team. The MPLS developer will be an active member of the SW development team and contribute to the implementation, testing and customer delivery of state-of-the-art control and data plane applications and services including protocols such as IPv4 & IPv6 routing protocols, MPLS, L2VPN/VPLS, and Content Delivery Network (CDN) based on SDN and Network virtualization.
Role & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the design and implementation of carrier-grade S/W and its testing, with focus on Reliability, Availability, Serviceability (RAS) goals
- Work closely with Internet service provider & Data Center customers to assist them in deployment of state-of-the-art solutions.
- Champion new/improved design and testing methodologies
- Potentially Participate in Cisco Patent Program and standardization activities (IETF, ITU, etc) .
- Typically requires BASc, MASc or a Ph.D in EE/CS.
- 10+ years software development experience
- Experience in developing embedded systems based on real-time OS
- Excellent programming skills in C or C++, Python, TCL or Perl
- A grasp of networking technologies, routing protocols (ex. TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS), L2 technologies, OAM, IPv6, forwarding plane
- Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Experience with test methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time, prioritize them and manage time effectively
- Self motivated, highly ambitious, has a desire to challenge the status-quo